Saturday, November 5, 2011

Bullying, State Legislation, and how THIS classy girl is going to change things.

Hello classy girls!

What an interesting week this has been for me. And by that, I really mean this passed few days, but hey we'll go with the week. ;)
I'm not sure if many of you follow the news; (you should start if you don't.) but on Thursday November 3rd, the Michigan Senate passed a legislation regarding anti-bullying. This bill has many valid points, however there was a very large hole left in a section of it. Now I'm just paraphrasing this section, but essentially it says that if someone can justify their bullying based on religion or moral convictions, then the State will support them. You can preview the bill here
Now, let me ask you classy girls, is this alright? I would hope that you all say no, because we all know bullying is wrong no matter what the circumstance. As a victim of bullying, I am doing everything in my power to stop this bill from turning into a law. Just in this passed week, I have been on my local news station, and have started a petition to stop this. This bill is a joke, and action needs to be taken.
Currently I have 302 signatures on my petition, and this number seems to be growing rapidly. I'm asking all of you classy girls to help me out. Be a voice in this change. You can view the petition here.

This is something I'm really passionate about. I can only hope you classy girls will help me. Remember that a classy girl never gives up, and that's exactly what I'm doing. I won't go down without a fight.

Keep it classy AND sassy ladies! Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment