Saturday, October 15, 2011

Faux Pas: Say the first thing that comes to your mind! (Guest Blogger, Jessie Pratley)

Jessie Pratley is a fantastic friend of mine. She has a passion for writing like I do, and is even working on publishing a book! (really neat huh?) She's also a ginger which makes her even COOLER. ;) One of my favorite blogs that she writes is about the (never) gross and (always) sucky periods we classy girls have once a month. Check it out here: http://periodfairy.blogspot.com

Read on to see a classy take on the word "fake". :D Thanks for writing today Jessie. :D



You know that game where someone says a word and you have

to say the first thing that comes to your mind? I’m going to say

a word, and you have to say whether or not it is classy. Don’t

give it thought—just pick one.

Go! Pick one! Classy or not classy?

(Have you chosen?) Now I’m going to blow your mind.

It’s both. (Oh my gosh, did she really just say that? But

what about…?) It was a trick question. I tricked you. Come to

think of it, that might not have been a classy move, but I did

it anyway, and I don’t take it back. Nananabooboo.

You may ask how something fake can be both classy and not

classy. Really, it depends on what you thought of when I said "fake".

So here’s a small list of things that are fake and why I

think they are either classy or not.

Fake boobs: Not classy. Own what you’ve been blessed with,

ladies. (Reduction surgery for prevention of back problems is

understandable, though. Health is important and classy.)

Fake moustaches: Classy. Let yourself do something as

ridiculous as wearing a fake moustache for the sake of some

giggles. It’s super classy to have fun!

Fake nails: Classy. This also works for fake eyelashes,

hair color, etc. Body modification is classy if you use it for

self expression. It’s not classy, though, when you do it to fit in.

Fake IDs: Not classy. Juuuust wait until you’re old enough.

If you don’t wait, it won’t be as much fun when you’re of age.

Fake words: Not classy. Lying never is. Empty promises are

not ok. Say what you mean or don’t say anything.

Fake respect: Classy. You don’t have to like everyone, but

everyone deserves respect. Even if you have to fake it.

Fake fur: I think this one depends on the person. My winter

coat has fake fur. I think it’s pretty, and it keeps me warm. I

deem it classy, but I know some people disagree.

Fake personalities: Not classy. (Should be a no-brainer,

but I see it so often.) Be yourself. Not everyone is going to

like you, and not everyone should. If you’re not pissing off a

few people along your lifetime, you’re not living right.

Do you disagree? Great! Let us hear it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment