Friday, October 21, 2011

Getting Stranded in Detroit, Drug Dealers, and losing sight of a classy girl attitude.

So it's friday. And let me tell you, I have had one hell of a week.

If you guys follow my twitter or my facebook, you know that yesterday I was supposed to go to the concert of a LIFETIME. I was super excited BEYOND BELIEF. So I'm driving to the concert with my friend Chelsea, when I notice that my engine is getting hot, QUICK. So I pulled over at the side of the road and popped my hood to see that my antifreeze was a little low. Being that we were only ten minutes away from the venue, I decided to get off an exit early and find a gas station to get some more antifreeze. Bad decision....
The neighborhood was awful. Like deep deep deep downtown. It was just not really a good place to be. In driving, I did not see a "no left turn" sign, (it was not displayed, I took pictures and everything. apparently it was 'common knowledge'.) And as I was turning around to pull into a gas station, I got hit. It wasn't a bad accident, just shook me and Chelsea up quite a bit. So I get my bearings, and pull into this gas station to take a look at my car.
Fast forward, I put antifreeze in it, and it just all pours out. So essentially I called my mother, who called my cousin, who both told me it was going to be impossible for us to go to the concert.
I was absolutely crushed. In a nutshell, we had to wait in the gas station for a couple hours for Chelsea's mom, and then another 2 for my mom and cousin who miraculously got a tow dolly last minute and were coming up to get my car and tow it home.
In the midst of all this, I was offered drugs, asked to sell my body, and got asked to 'hold a dollar for some food'. I wish I was exaggerating, but I'm not. Mom and NaTasha finally get there, get the car hooked up and I get home.
Fast forward to my NOT classy moment where I'm on the phone with someone, bawling my eyes out because I couldn't make it concert. My mother, bless her heart comes in to comfort me because she thinks that I'm upset about the accident, and still a little freaked out at the situation we were in, and I tell her that I'm all sorts of fine about that, I was just really upset about missing the concert.
Oh my reese's...what a spoiled brat, and how VERY unclassy of me. My mom and cousin didn't even have to do what they did, and I didn't even thank them. I didn't even put my selfish desires away to think about the situation I was in, and how absolutely tragic it COULD have been. The people that hit us could have been absolutely rude, the gas station I WAS going to pull into was so sketchy, and my car could still be in Detroit to this day.
My amazing mother and beautiful cousin are two of the most classy women I know. They always save my tail when anything is wrong no matter how bad the situation is. NaTasha's there for me when I need a shoulder to cry on. Mom is my sanity when I feel like everything is falling apart. These are two ladies that I absolutely adore with every fiber of my being, and I want to publicly thank them for dropping EVERYTHING going on in their life to (once again) save my butt.
Special thanks to Susan as well for staying with me for so long. You definitely didn't have to drive all the way that you did just to sit with me for a couple more hours. I really appreciate you too. Thanks for doing the classy mom thing and making sure I was safe. Chelsea is so lucky to have such a good mom like you. :D

Moral of the story? No matter what happens in life, always remember that you have people who love you. And even though stuff doesn't go your way, keep it classy and remember that things could be SO much worse. And hey, hug your mother. Thank her for putting up with your ups and downs. Because had the roles been reversed last night, I probably would have beat the snot out of my child for being so darn ungrateful and selfish.

I love you mom and NaTasha. Thank you for being such classy ladies for me to look up to. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment